* Use the game's speed settings to adjust plant growth to fit your schedule.
* Use the fast game speed only when you are actively playing or can check on your plants frequently, and pause the game if you will be away from it for more than a day. On fast speed, plants will be fully mature and ready for pollination in less than 1 hour.
The game's beginning soil is suitable only for the common plants.
* Cross-pollinating different species produces increasingly valuable, but more fragile, hybrids.
* Better soil will be required to support the more expensive and fragile hybrids. When you upgrade your soil, the benefit to your plants is immediate.
* If your plants are steadily losing health, they are too fragile for the soil they are planted in. Try growing common plants until you can upgrade your soil.
* If you forget which seed you planted in a pot, double click the pot to produce an image of the seed that was planted there.
* Breed and sell plants to build your cash, so that you can buy improvements from the Gardening Supplies shop.
* Pruning can improve a plant's health and value, as well as make it sell faster. Removing dead leaves, revealing obscured flowers and improving a plant's shape all require pruning. Be careful, though, since pruning cannot be undone.
* Infested plants cannot be pollinated, and they may be damaged if the infestation goes untreated for very long. Infested plants should be treated promptly. Seeds in the Gardening Supplies shop are restocked and/or replaced every 24 hours.
* Magic Plants are found in several tiers of rarity. When you discover a Magic Plant, a popup message will appear that describes the plant's special properties. Your newly discovered Magic Plant will also be displayed in a golden pot in your nursery.
* Using chemicals, especially Mutation Liquid, can speed up your breeding program.
* If a pollinated plant dies, you may still be able to harvest its seeds.
* Clicking on the faucet on the Main screen (greenhouse) produces random, helpful tips for success in the game.
* You can determine how well you have priced your plants by how quickly they are selling. If they are selling rapidly, you should increase the price. If sales are slow, try reducing the price.
* Plants will sell faster and command higher prices in an improved nursery.
* The variety of plants that you have for sale in your nursery does not affect the rate of sales, but plants will sell faster if you have a lot of plants for sale.
* Upgraded nets make catching insects easier. Insect collecting is an optional part of the game.
Learning seed type:
Double Click a pot to see an image of the seed that was planted there.
Left Click the faucet on the main greenhouse screen for random tips.
You can price your plants by seeing how quickly they are selling. If they are selling fast, increase the price. If sales are slow, lower the price.
Note: Plants will sell faster and have higher prices in an improved nursery.
The variety of plants that you have for sale does not affect the rate of sales, however plants will sell faster if you have a lot of them for sale.